Here’s an overview of the different tools that I use in my shop. I compiled this list because I often get questions about this or that tool that’s visible in my videos. Pointing to this page makes answering these questions easier.
Some of my often-used tools are missing, for example my table saw and my track saw. That’s because they don’t seem to be available on amazon.com (US) at the time of compiling this list.
Note also, that the links here go to amazon and should lead you to the amazon site closest to your home region. The links are affiliate links: when you buy something using the link, you pay the regular price and I get a small portion of the purchase price. That way you can support my work without paying anything extra.
My power tools
- Bosch GKF 12V-25N Palm Edge Router — A very handy and compact router with a great design.
- Bosch Cordless Drill GSR 18-28 — A powerful set for all the drilling and screwing needs around your shop.
- Bosch Professional GST 18 V cordless jigsaw — A great cordless jigsaw, well balanced and accurate.
- Makita RT0701CX3 1-1/4 HP Compact Router Kit — This is my swiss-army knife for everything concerning routers. It was my only router for the first couple of years of woodworking.
- Makita XTR01T7 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless Compact Router Kit — Cordless version of the above router.
- Bosch GSR12V-140FCB22 Cordless Electric Screwdriver 12V Kit — A very versatile kit with excellent value for money. Even though it’s only 12V it has power and the different attachments give you all the options you’ll need in special situations.
- Bosch GAS18V-3N 18V 1.6 gallon shop vacuum — Great to have around for using around the house or on the jobsite.
- Mirka MID62520CAUS Direct Electric Random Orbital Sander, 6-Inch — This is an excellent radom-orbit sander. I hesitated to buy it because of its price but it’s worth its money – combine it with Abranet sanding discs and the results are amazing.
- Triton TSPS450 oscillating spindle sander — Good value for money and very versatile. The table is solid cast iron and dust extraction works very well.
- Bosch 14 gallon dust extractor with Auto Filter Clean and HEPA Filter VAC140AH — An amazing shop vac!
- Bosch GLL3-300 360° Three-Plane Leveling and Alignment-Line Laser — Just a good laser level for a reasonable price.
- Bosch GOP18V-28N oscillating multi-tool – very versatile!
Table Saw Router Table Insert
- Triton MOF001 2 ¼ HP Dual Mode Plunge Router — This is a powerful router that works well in a router table because the depth can be adjusted from the top of the table.
- Kreg Router Table Insert Plate – Predrilled for Triton — This is the insert plate pre-drilled for the Triton router.
- Kreg PRS3040 Precision Router Table Insert Plate Levelers — These are ideal to level out the insert plate very precisely.
- Flush-trim bit — To precisely flush-trim the cut-out.